Re: List changes

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 21:41:48 AKDT

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Matthew Schumacher wrote:

> Which header does it use to find the list address? If you look at the
> headers that the list sends out there is no Reply-To:. Ximian must use
> provide the list address in a Reply-To: header then all mail clients
> would just work when replying to the list. Right now I am clicking
> reply-to-all then removing the direct email since I don't want to bother
> people with the email when they are going to get the list copy anyway.
>
> The config is simple:
>
> reply-to = list@myhost.dom

<sigh> This has been argued ad naseum. The reason it isn't done like that is
so that one can easily reply privately to the sender by just "replying", but
if you wish to keep the list in on the thread, you "reply-to-all".

The last time we voted on this those of us who preferred it the way that it is
won out (I'm one of them). Unless you're calling for a new vote, I wouldn't
expect it to change. Personally, I reply more off-line than I do on-line, and
having the list config change would make it much more inconvenient for me to
use at all.

        --Arthur Corliss