Re: any Sendmail guru's out there?

From: shortpier <shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com>
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 03:20:30 AKDT

Trying to figure out the M4 syntax is fun... (NOT)
I need to define a mailer on a special port on the localhost ie 2025 or
sme such
plus the rules in the m4 I have a copy of the info I am supposed to
place in the sendmail.cf but I fell like a C64 user looking at a Windows
registry ...... any clues /websites/ nice people who can help me? I am
going crosseyed on sendmail.mc ....

Shortpier
On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 10:49, Matthew Schumacher wrote:
> shortpier wrote:
> > Help needed on sendmail.cf
> > Am implementing a Groupware server Teamware Office (Running on Linux)
> > for a non-profit medical clinic in Talkeetna.
> >
> > According to their docs your supposed to add on line at the top of
> > ruleset 0 to make it send all mail to the teamworks smtp on a diffrent
> > port (this is for mailscanner and spamassin to work)
> >
> > Its not working I get user unknown errors on the email
> >
> > sendmail -bt gives a parse of a local user and trys to localy deliver
> >
> > teamware users do not exits on the linux system.
> >
> > Brainstorm ideas are submit.cf? is that where the rules need to go?
> > instead of sendmail.cf? I have complied the lastest stable sendmail..
> > Mailscanner is working but sendmail is not passign it to the other smtp
> > agent on a diffrent port.
> >
> > to sum it up ... We want all mail to pass through sendmail and
> > mailscanner then to the teamware smtp on another port
> >
> > any ideas?
> >
> > Shortpier
>

> Use the sendmail.mc file and generate your sendmail.cf using m4.
>
> To add rules to rule set 0 I put:
>
> LOCAL_RULE_0
>
> <rules>
>
> at the bottom of my sendmail.mc file.
>
> HTH,
>
> schu

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part