Re: Systems Programmer IV opening

From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@zuelow.net>
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 16:28:13 AKDT

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:08:07 -0800
Tim Jordan <timothy_jordan@labor.state.ak.us> wrote:

> > Salary: 6196.00 Monthly

 (snip)
> > The machine is physically located in Juneau in our data center here,
> > but can be managed remotely. Qualified applicants are very rare as
> > this job requires a number of years of systems level experience on
> > MVS/z/OS. It is a very proprietary IBM OS based on the 360
> > architecture which was created 40 years ago, quite different from
> > Windows or Unix/Linux. Unfortunately, since they've had 40 years to
> > work on it, it's quite a bit more complex than either of the mid-range
> > systems.

Hmm. Right down the road from me. 6K/month sounds nice too. There's gotta be a z/OS O'Reilly book out there, maybe two. And didn't I see "z/OS+" on the CompTIA site? Bet there's a study guide for that with a CD & practice exams. Well, better head over to Amazon before everyone else gets the same idea...