USB Mouse/Tablet issue

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@gci.net>
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 09:15:23 AKDT

I have a standard USB optical mouse, and a USB Wacom Graphire Tablet.
Both work great in Linux.

However, the problem I am having is that every time I reboot, the mouse
"flip-flops" resulting in me having to edit XF86Config every time I
reboot. One time the moues will come in as /dev/input/mouse0 and the
next time it will come in as /dev/input/mouse1. The next time it will
switch back to mouse0, and so on. This never happened until I installed
the tablet.

Does anyone know how I might be able to keep this from happening? I'm
in Gentoo, which uses devfs.

Thanks,
Justin