Re: Spam & GCI

From: Matthew Schumacher <schu@schu.net>
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 14:45:13 AKDT

We (Alaska Power and Telephone) pretty much had no choice but to
whitelist GCI due to the massive amount of false positives that spamcop
blocking generated.

Leif is right, monitoring what your users send is a huge task and is
almost impossible with any real effectiveness.

I agree that filtering before the message is accepted (read milter) is
very powerful but I don't think GCI is using sendmail.

This is why I don't care for MTAs that accept the message before any
processing is done (qmail, exchange, etc.)

Virus scanning before the message is accepted is especially cool because
viruses a stopped at the edge which greatly reduces double bounces.

schu