Re: What to use for backups?

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 11:45:52 AKDT

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Matthew Schumacher wrote:

> Anyway, if you have any good ways of dealing with this problem I would
> like to hear them.

Wait for some of the cheaper tape carousel units to show up on E-bay. I've
seen them go as low as $300 before (and that's with two SDT-9000s in it). Or,
if you're comfortable with a disk-based solution, create a Linux file server
using LVM and use the snapshot capabilities. For that matter, you could
probably pick up a NetApp on E-bay dirt cheap with snapshot capability as
well.

        --Arthur Corliss