wget request methods GET vs. POST vs. PUT vs. etc.

From: DENNIS BYRNE <asdcb1@uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 19:59:35 AKST

I use wget if I want to look at reponse headers. Unfortunately, wget
only allows me to send request using the GET method. For example,

wget http://domain.com/search.html?searchterm=alaska&display=cities

Are there any command line util.s that would allow me to use other
request methods. For example, I want something that would allow me to
type:

wget http://url -postvars searchterm "alaska" display "cities"
or
wget http://url -putvars filename "C:\anchorage.txt"
or
wget http://url -delvars filename "/anchorage.html"

this would be a lot more convenient than having to write a script with
<form method=post or put or del> every time I wanted to do this.

Dennis Byrne