DNS issue

From: Tim Jordan <timothy_jordan@labor.state.ak.us>
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 10:40:24 AKST

Hello everyone,
I'm having trouble setting up a simple DNS server. I want it to be
authorative for only my test zone (smb-ldap.org). I'm using debian
testing and cannot resolve a dns lookup for my smb-ldap.org domain.
Also, when I have this on our physical network it picks up a dhcp
address and overwrites my /etc/resolv.conf. Can someone advise on how I
should do this? I can put my test box behind a router if necessary but
I don't want to if I dont' have to...:) I can provide more info if
needed to help resolve this.

Here is the output when I do a named-checkzone:
localhost:/etc/bind# named-checkzone -d smb-ldap.org
/etc/bind/db.smbldap

dns_rdata_fromtext: /etc/bind/db.smbldap:7: near eol: unexpected end of
input
zone smb-ldap.org/IN: loading master file /etc/bind/db.smbldap:
unexpected end of input

************************
/etc/bind/db.smbldap:
$TTL 1d