Re: Procmail and spamassassin

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 10:15:09 AKST

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Jamie Hushower wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe that is a better approach; delete the
> larger portion of the user's SPAM to make the possible false positives
> more manageable. And with that threshold, I might as well give everyone
> the benefit. I'm on the upgrade. Thanks.

An additional option that you could implement per-user is just to drop a
.procmailrc in the applicable home directories with the following in it:

  # Put identified spam in the spam folder
  :0:
  spam

This assumes the user has IMAP, webmail, or shell access to review their spam
folder, of course. But, it at least allows the user to review their own
low-scoring spam for false positives.

        --Arthur Corliss