Re: NewsForge runs a Bruce Perens commentary re: SCO

From: Wesley Brown <webtacsat@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 21:23:35 AKST

What is the jist of this lawsuit? SCO wants everyone to pay for licenses who use linux... like the average user?

Isn't it only based on one version of the kernel? I thought it was like 2.4.xx. If that is the case why doesn't everyone just patch their kernel to the latest versioin.

Maybe I am way off. Just trying to figure out why they are making such a big deal about it... heck, why is it a big deal anyway. Everyone seems to think that this is the most ridiculous claim ever. More ridiculous than the lady who spilled her McDonalds coffee on herself and then sued because it was too hot.

Wesley Brown
Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net> wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 15:05, Stanley Long wrote:
> Commentary: SCO's Tapestry of Lies
> Wednesday March 10
> http://trends.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/03/10/1158216&mode=thread
>
> SCO management had a problem. ...
>
> When a company arranges for the appearance of sales, ... that's called
> window dressing. It's something that companies do to make their stock
> look better than it actually is.
>
> SCO has suffered other setbacks recently, in their lawsuit against IBM.
> SCO's mounting legal costs have prompted a financial analyst at Decatur
> Jones to forecast that SCO's stock will post a significant loss. ...
>
> ---------
> To unsubscribe, send email to
> with 'unsubscribe' in the message body.

It takes awhile for some to realize what SCO is about. The stock hit
$9.25 taday, a rapid decline lately, so someone has been paying
attention .

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.