Re: Aklug membership

From: W.D.McKinney <deem@wdm.com>
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 15:16:17 PST

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 14:05, Greg Madden wrote:
> I am filling out the paperwork for the IRS designation 501(c)(3)
> non-profit status. One of the may questions ask is about membership.
> !. Do we have members ?
> 2. How do we determine membership ?
> 3. Do we restrict membership due to ...a long list of conditions.
>
> I don't know of any 'official' Aklug membership 'guidelines'. but for
> the IRS filing we will need to come up with or state what they are.
>
> If there are some past guidelies I am not aware of please let me know.
> Otherwise we need to come up with some.
>
> My first thought was the list of folks signed up to post on one or both
> of our two lists.

When we started AKLUG, we had no official membership. We did have
meetings that were advertised official "AKLUG" meetings. So if you
attended, you participated in discussions, votes, give-aways, etc.
We frequently had Breakfast meetings also.

No lists were taken for memberships. So the only list was the e-mail
list.

This sums up the first few years of AKLUG.

Dee