Re: smtp questions

From: DENNIS BYRNE <asdcb1@uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 19:30:28 PST

Perhaps you can answer another question, how far along has SMTP come
compared to HTTP? Back with older versions of HTTP, each transaction
meant building a destroying a socket. Then, you could do persistant
connections - req1, res1, req2, res2, req3, res3 ... Now there is
pipelining - req1, req2, req3, res1, res2, res3 ...

Can SMTP send and/or recieve multiple emails in this fashion?

Dennis Byrne