Re: smtp questions

From: DENNIS BYRNE <asdcb1@uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 17:32:21 PST

That makes sense because "the conneting IP is in the same domain" for
this example. I forced asdcb1@uaa.alaska.edu as the from address on
the email, and the machine I'm developing on is on the uaa network.
Maybe I'd be rejected if had forced asdcb1@NOTuaa.alaska.edu as the
from address.
OK, some more questions. Although it's imopssible to tell unless we
had access to the email servers of uaa, yahoo and design-pt.com, why do
they behave differently? Is this behavior built in or configured so?
does the email server have it's own internal dns client? ... yes, I
know it varies from server to server.

Dennis Byrne