Re: Using the Recycle bin with Samba

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@gci.net>
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 20:35:23 PST

Barsalou wrote:
> I just tried a new feature in Samba 3.0.2.....Recycle bin. It is pretty
> neat. You can delete files from the samba share and it stores them in a
> directory titled .recycle (or .recycle.<username> if you use the

FINALLY! If only MS had the innovation that the Samba team does. You
don't know how many times I have wished for this. I made a Recycled
folder, but of course people don't use it, they just delete the file,
and it goes to la-la land. 90% of the times I've had to go to backups
was because of this exact thing.

I know I've got the server running Samba 3.something, but I don't know
if it's 3.0.2... In any case, I know what I'm doing tomorrow! :)

Thanks for the info, Mike!
Justin