Re: Rejecting Executable Mime Attachments With Postfix body_checks

From: Jamie Hushower <hushower@alaska-geeks.com>
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 14:16:23 PST

I don't know if I can help, but would you mind posting your body_checks
file or at least the content blocking line? I have attachments blocked
via the header_checks parameter. Here is my syntax:

(/^Content.*\.(bat|com|exe|js|jse|lnk|pif|scr|vbe|vbs|vxd).*/ REJECT

I am unaware of the benefit (if one exists) over blocking attachments
with one or the other, but this has worked well.

-Jamie

Mike Tibor wrote:

> I'm having a problem setting this up on one server, and I was hoping
> someone here might know the answer.
>
> On one FreeBSD server, I have Postfix running and configured to reject
> messages containing attachments with executable extensions. On that
> server, in main.cf I have the following:
>
> body_checks = regexp:/usr/local/etc/postfix/body_checks
>
> On a Linux server, I have the same version of Postfix running, and the
> same line in main.cf, and the body_checks file is identical to that on the
> FreeBSD server. However, the Linux server still passes the executable
> attachements.
>
> Am I missing something here?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike