ideas

Subject: ideas
captgoodnight@acsalaska.net
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 23:13:17 AKST

Gotta share these programs/idea with ya all, check these out.

synergy2 http://freshmeat.net/projects/synergy2/
Share one keyboard and mouse amongst multiple monitors/computers.
M$ too.

3ddesktop http://freshmeat.net/projects/3ddesktop/
Awsome desktop switching tool, needs a strong machine though. I run it on a
3Ghz (overclocked 2.8) with no lag what so ever. On a 1.6 there is a little
lag though. So fun ;)

cdemu http://freshmeat.net/projects/cd-emu/
Creates virtual cd/dvd drives for mounting certain types of raw .bin/cue video
files that where once for windows only.

aggregate http://freshmeat.net/projects/aggregate_flim/
A tool for aggregating CIDR networks, makes life easy in the networking world.

netcat http://freshmeat.net/projects/netcat/
Umm, a really cool networking piping tool. If security is you tea, get this!

hping http://freshmeat.net/projects/hping2/
Umm, a really cool networking tool. If security is you tea, get this!

socat http://freshmeat.net/projects/socat/
Socat is a relay for bidirectional data transfer between two independent data
channels

dsniff http://freshmeat.net/projects/dsniff/
Umm, a really cool networking tool. If security is you tea, get this!

crack attack http://freshmeat.net/projects/crack-attack/
super addictive game.

epsxe
playstation emulator, needs a strong machine, a 1.6Ghz/16megs of video works
well enough. You can backup your playstation roms ;) with cdrdao raw modes.

nbtscan
observe window services the linux way.

Well, there's more, but I believe the rest are more common, so I'll stop here.

Latest quick hack: a script that chooses a homepage randomly or not,from a
given list,upon some event, (umm,cough, using sed ;)
I wanted to be surprised everytime I started galeon ;0)

wanted to share,

bests,
eddie

--