counting lines of code

Subject: counting lines of code
From: Thomison, Lee (ThomisonL@ci.anchorage.ak.us)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 11:21:39 AKST

Just been tasked to count all lines of code in our app's src directory.
This includes the whole tree structure, comments and everything. (SWAG
estimate is maybe 4 million lines or so).

Of course, they want it yesterday....

My usual script only works on a single file as written, but I can
enhance it to cover all files in the current directory (there are no
binaries in this tree structure. Supposedly.) But my shell scripting
is not sufficient to modify it to go thru a whole tree structure of
unknown depth and breadth.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Lee