Expert predicts OpenOffice revolution

Subject: Expert predicts OpenOffice revolution
From: Stanley Long (slong@customcpu.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 13:00:18 AKST

"Expert predicts OpenOffice revolution"
By Jan Stafford, SearchEnterpriseLinux.com Site Editor
   interviewing OpenOffice instructor Solveig Haugland,

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci934811,00.html/?Offer=Les104&track=NL-306
Sun Microsystems 30,000 employees
Ernie Ball Music has gone totally Linux
The Australian phone company bought 89,000 StarOffice seats
U.S. Department of Defense had 25,000 StarOffice seats, last I heard.

-- I think, and evidence in backing this up, that the world is
approaching the tipping point for switching over to open source,...

Haugland: Here are some specific features that can help them:
-- Get to know the print settings for spreadsheets.
-- Don't set up OpenOffice to automatically save in Microsoft Office
        format.
-- Get to know the data source features.
-- Get to know the features for creating and printing mail merge
        letters, envelopes,