Mandrake 9.1, Postfix & IMAP

Subject: Mandrake 9.1, Postfix & IMAP
From: Tony Bromirski (tony@cyberski.org)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 23:54:51 AKST

Anybody out there that can help 'untangle' me from some trouble I've
gotten myself into with my IMAP server. I can telnet to port 143, I get:

> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
> THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE STARTTLS]
> Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2003 Double Precision, Inc.
> See COPYING for distribution information.

Which I take as a good sign. Now how can I connect an IMAP capible client
like Outlook (or anything else) to my email server? NOTE: for some reason
my POP3 server went away and I can't find the config file 'pop3d' - thus I
can no longer connect via POP3 to get mail. (no snickering) ;-)

For now I am religated to using text based pine, via telnet.

Thanks~

Tony Bromirski
tony@cyberski.org

(previously subscribed under anthony.f.bromirski@wellsfargo.com)