changing user's password through web interface

Subject: changing user's password through web interface
From: Scott Johnson (sjohnson@akghetto.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 23:09:40 AKST

I have two boxes.... one being my web server the other being my mail
server. I'm looking for a program/script to install on my web server
(Apache) that would allow a user to change their password stored on the
mail server. Users are set up under regular user accounts on the mail
server. Right now, I am doing this via Webmin - the user connects to
the Webmin server on the mail box, logs in, and changes their password.
  I would prefer it if the user could just change it through a web page
on the web server, however I don't know how to set it up so the mail
server would accept a connection from the web server and then change
authentication tokens. Can anyone think of a different way of doing
this other than Webmin? Is they way I have it now probably the
easiest?

Thanks.

Scott