OT: getting GCI to reverse a static IP address

Subject: OT: getting GCI to reverse a static IP address
From: Michael Fowler (michael@shoebox.net)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 16:40:27 AKST

I was recently assigned a static IP address by GCI, and I've setup a
hostname to resolve to it. I'd also like GCI to reverse it, but when I
talked to tech support they told me they wouldn't do it. If I'm to be
honest, this is mostly for vanity; I go onto IRC a bit, and I'd like to show
up using my hostname, rather than a dashes-and-numbers.gci.net address.

The tech I talked to told me they wouldn't change IP address resolution
unless they also had responsibility (i.e. hosted) the domain, which sounded
a little odd. Anyone else have experience setting up reverse with GCI? Any
GCI guys on the list know if it's allowed, and if so, who to contact?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Michael Fowler
www.shoebox.net