cd-rom burner problems

Subject: cd-rom burner problems
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 20:59:08 AKST

I have a cd with some ms-office template, documents, and misc pdf's on
it that I was trying to copy for a friend.

When I load it in my play-around box running Fedora and xcdroast
0.98alpha15, xcdroast insists I don't have a cd loaded to read. But I
can mount it and look at the contents just fine under Nautilus, even
opening a .xls file under OpenOffice. I can use xcdroast to read other
misc cd's, including Linux install cd's.

I can copy the cd on my home workstation with RH9 & xcdroast 0.98alpha13
just fine.

Can anybody give me a clue as to what the problem might be? Could this
be a Jolliet (or some-such) cd and xcdroast needs extra parameters? I
would think if the os can read the disk, xcdroast should be able to.

Jim