Apache Permissions Best Practices?

Subject: Apache Permissions Best Practices?
From: KSchneider (krs@ferocitydesign.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 10:42:57 AKST

Hi guys --

I have a best practices question for permissions. I've got multiple secure
ftp'ers accessing a site I'm about to launch. At the moment they are all
using the same username for access, but I would like to keep them separate
(for obvious reasons).

So, my question: would it be better to create a new group for them and open
up that group to writing to the directory and all of its subs (including
the anonymous http user) rather than to give the group "users" write access
to the directories? or is this a six of one, half dozen of the other kind
of thing?

What say you?
Kate