Goofy Printer Issues

Subject: Goofy Printer Issues
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 14:43:36 AKDT

Hey all. I just set up an Epson Stylus 777 printer using CUPS and the
gimp-print drivers with a USB connection. It works great except for
trying to print multiple copies. I have tried setting it up both on my
Linux box and printing over the network with the printer set up on my
wife's iMac (CUPS+gimp-print on OS X) with the same results.

What happens is that if I try to print multiple copies through
OpenOffice.org, it always prints 1 copy, no matter what I tell it. If I
print to a file, and then do 'lpr -Pepson -#<some number> file.ps' it
prints multiple copies, but it seems to print the square of the #. So,
if I tell it to print 2 copies, it prints 4. -#3 prints 9 copies, -#4
prints 16 copies.. When I print to the file, I am only telling it 1
copy, so it's not like it's telling the ps file to print 3 copies, and
then I tell it to print 3 copies of the 3 copies.

I don't have any problem printing multiple copies on my HP Deskjet 970,
which is set up exactly the same (except different driver, obviously)

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,
Justin