Simple/cheap (?) data recovery?

Subject: Simple/cheap (?) data recovery?
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 15:01:55 AKDT

We recently had two of our three 9.1BG IBM drives that were in our RAID5
array (on a Mylex controller) go bad. Right now, I'm assuming that it is an
electronics issue, because of various circumstances. I'm getting quotes in
the middle to high four figures for data recovery. Is there any way to
recover that data cheaply assuming it is the electronics and not a bad media
issue?

I have calls into OnTrack and DriveSavers. Any others with whom you've had
personal experience?

Thanks!

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks