SuSe & Modem

Subject: SuSe & Modem
From: Matthew Dunaway (fert@eagle.ptialaska.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 11:29:44 AKDT

    I just bought SuSE 8.2 personal. I installed it and it doesn't see
my modem. I also have SuSE 8.1 personal and it found my modem with no
problems at all.
Red Hat 9 found my modem and so did Mandrake 9.0 PowerPack. Any ideas as
to why the modem works on 3 out of 4 of my distros? It's a US Robotics
56k Performance Pro modem if that helps. Plug n play was enabled during
the install process. I would really like to use SuSE 8.2, but will stick
with RH9 if need be.