Question on splitting servers...

Subject: Question on splitting servers...
From: David J. Weller-Fahy (lists@weller-fahy.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 09:22:11 AKDT

So, right now I have one server doing all the work. However I've just
received three computers (150, 333, and 466) which will allow me to
dedicate specific machines to specific services. I'd like some feedback
on my 'which machine runs what' list. Here's what I'm thinking...

150: dnscache, tinydns, ntp

333: http, nntp

466: https, smtp, imap

Then I'd run all the client software on the machine that's currently
running all the servers. I should probably mention that this setup will
only be serving my wife, myself, and ~25 of our kin.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Regards,

--
David J. Weller-Fahy        | 'These are the questions that kept me out
largely at innocent dot com |  of the really *good* schools.'