Re: OT GCI E-Mail

Subject: Re: OT GCI E-Mail
From: Troy Melhase (troy@gci.net)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 14:04:52 AKDT

> yes me as well it seem that GCI has been selling e-mail addresses to
> spammers , or so

hi aklug,

i'm a software engineer for gci.net. i can tell you with certainty that we're
not in the business of selling email lists. if someone wanted to construct
such a list, they'd have to come through someone on the software team, and
that hasn't happened, nor would i sit idle if it did. spam is as much a
problem to our networks as it is to your inbox. the last thing we want to do
is violate your privacy and as a result clog our network and our servers.

at the risk of soundling like a cheerleader, i should mention that gci does
offer a spam filtering service. it's quite effective -- gci uses it
internally and most employees have it on their personal .net mail accounts.
it works on messages before they hit our network and before they hit your
inbox. it's really quite accurate and cheap, and it is linux-friendly. you
can learn more and sign up on line at https://my.gci.net/

-troy