External modem needed.

Subject: External modem needed.
From: Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@woods.net)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 12:45:04 AKDT

I seem to be having bad luck with modems lately, both of the modems I
keep around are toasty. One is entirely dead (looks like a dead
transformer and a few traces), and the other has simply gone mad,
randomly dies within the first 10 min of a connection (the firmware is
corrupt or there is a hardware flaw randomly causing a hard
reset when in use).

Sooo, if anyone has a V.90 external modem they would like to trade
misc hardware for, or lend me for a time get ahold of me.

I am of course hoping there is someone out there with an external V.92
modem they not long need after their DSL/Cable switch, failing that a
V.34 would work as well. I just need something that will work, and I
am trying not to blow $$$ on something I will only be using for a few
months before it goes back on the shelf.

Thanks

--
I route, therefore you are.