SSE2 problems/kernel 2.5.67

Subject: SSE2 problems/kernel 2.5.67
From: petezilla! (descartes@bandemax.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 19:17:27 AKDT

I've compiled a new kernel for my computer and upon reboot if I select
my kernel option from Lilo, it hangs on boot with a statement that can
be paraphrased as, "SSE2 is not an option for this processor".

In my .config file for the new kernel, my processor type has been
specified as an Athlon and I've disabled SMP support as well. I
backtracked down to a 2.5.61 kernel and I receive the same sort of error.

My system specs are as follows, Athlon processor, Slackware 9.0 pre with
kernel 2.4.20 & 2.5.67 (eventually I imagine). Has anyone seen a
problem such as this? Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

- Peter S. H.