Friday Linux & software raid

Subject: Friday Linux & software raid
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 01:22:36 AKDT

Several in the regular Friday Night crowd know I've been beating my head
against the wall the last 2 Friday's trying to get software raid going
on a Trustix based server appliance I'm attempting to put together. Well
I finally got it booting on raid. It only took two Fridays of too many
interruptions plus a weekend.

Just for a little extra, its on a Promise TX2 100 pci card (not raid).
So I had to figure out how to modify the How-Tos to work with an
off-board controller too. This after figuring out the card has a problem
booting Linux if you don't upgrade it's bios.

Jim Gribbin