not exactly linux ...

Subject: not exactly linux ...
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 12:01:55 AKDT

I'm trying to help a friend on Mac OSX open an Excel document sent as an
email attachment. Every time he tries to open it, he gets an error
stating that corel draw converter has a problem with the file. I don't
know what corel draw has to do with the situation. I believe the mime
type is set properly as when I open an Excel document elsewhere on the
box, it automatically uses Excel to open it. I also can find no way to
save the attachment or otherwise extract it from the email. It appears
to be using the stock Mail 1.1.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jim Gribbin