Windows & Samba w/domain authentication

Subject: Windows & Samba w/domain authentication
From: Tim Jordan (timothy_jordan@labor.state.ak.us)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 10:45:02 AKDT

I have worked through joining my Mandrake 9.1 box to my Windows 2K/NT
domain. I can log in with my domain account and mount my home directory
with Authur's winmount program (see aklug archive [winmount keeps me
from storing my domain password on the local linux box:)]).

I've made a note of a few problems. If you can shed some light on these
topics I would appreciate it!

1. When logged in w/my windows domain account I cannot unlock my
Mandrake box after I lock it.....say to leave my desk and help someone.
It acts as if it can't authenticate with the domain controller.

2. Mozilla is locked down....meaning there are no default bookmarks and
I can't change the theme when I'm logged in with my domain account.
Heck I can't even view http://asefcu.org

Finally, I'm trying to fully understand PAM. I thought I had configured
it correctly but when browsing through the Windows domain (using
Konquorer) I have to consistently enter my username and password for the
domain. I thought PAM would handle this authentication. I was under
the impression that if PAM is configured correctly I could log in
w/domain credentials and those credentials would be used through out my
session.

Thanks for you time,
Tim