Setting up a caching DNS server - input?

Subject: Setting up a caching DNS server - input?
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 13:28:57 AKST

I'm looking at setting up a DNS server at work that would be a cache of
another, master server. As I've never actually dealt with DNS before, I'm
curious as to what people would recommend. It'll be the single local DNS
server, with probably a maximum of several hundred users accessing it
total. No local config at all, just a mirror of another server.

Personally, this sounds like an ideal use for a Linux server, rather than
setting up a Solaris or *gasp* Windows box... Anyone care to comment on
what's working for them?