! INTERNET FRAUD !

Subject: ! INTERNET FRAUD !
From: furbs (furbs@swjedi.net)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 02:13:49 AKST

     I am sending this out as a warning about recent Internet fraud. I was
mailed a letter thanking me for enrolling in the "Direct One LLC" trial plan. I
have never heard of this company and have no need for a long distance calling
card plan. They gave me 10 days to call and cancel, if I do not cancel they
will charge me $54.90 (plus tax) every month. They have 2 phone numbers on the
document I recieved, the number to use the long distance, and customer service.
The costomer service number does not exist, and returns as a disconnected line.
     After doing some research I found this site called ripoffreport.com that
has multiple reports of this company and "HMS Blue" making illegal charges to
creadit cards for unaccepted phone service. Many people don't know where it
came from, one of the reports has the REAL number, and another recorded their
call. They also were able to discover the business selling the Credit Card
numbers, and that is VistaPrint.com, the people that do business cards. I am
sending this e-mail as a warning against VistaPrint, and if you have ever used
them before to consider not going through them anymore. Also if you ever need
information on frauds, the website "http://www.ripoffreport.com"
or "http://www.badbusinessbureau.com" is a good source of information.
     I reported this company to the IFCC, and am working on the BBB. The link
specifically about these "Direct One" frauds is:
http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/results.asp?submit22=Search+All+The+Latest+Rip-
Off+Reports+Now%21&q1=ALL&q2=&q3=&q4=&q5=hms&q6=&q7=

The report with the recorded phone call, and how he found VistaPrint was
selling CC numbers is:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=38428

     Brian ThunderEagle
      - http://www.swjedi.net