Help compiling application

Subject: Help compiling application
From: Tim Jordan (Timothy_Jordan@labor.state.ak.us)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 15:50:00 AKST

I really would like to get this application working, using RedHat 8. The application (Yahoopops http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/index.html)
will download my Yahoo mail account via a Perl Script. I downloaded Yahoopops from the Internet in a tar file.
I unziped it to my home drive under a /home/tim/yahoopops-0.3.9.2
Then I read the README and found this information:

. ".i have compiled this using gcc3.0.4 as gcc2.96 has some known bugs.henceforth all my compilations
     will be using gcc3.0.4 only."

On the same site a person posted a "how to" on installing this application with fetchmail. That Author states "I compiled with
gcc2.96 and I had no problems despite the author's disquiet."

As root I went to the Yahoopops-0.3.9.2/linux/ directory of and ran the ./configure command...nothing.
I then ran make. It did it's thing for a min. and this is the last few lines:

> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tim/yahoopops-0.3.9.2/unix' make:
> *** [all] Error 2 [root@localhost unix]# make install make: *** No
> rule to make target `install'. Stop.

You can also see I tried the make install command.

Questions:
1. How do I know if the compile worked? From the output I recieved I'm not sure.
2. If the application is compiled how do I find the way to start it?

Thanks for time,
Tim Jordan