A little direction please

Subject: A little direction please
From: Tim Jordan (Timothy_Jordan@labor.state.ak.us)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 09:29:20 AKST

If I wanted to be a flexible admin..working both M$ and the Linux
arena......and wanted to write scripts for both environments...what
language would you suggest I learn? I've been writing short command
scripts and vbs scripts...but if I'm going to put time into learning
scripting I want to be a flexable as possible.

I've only been in System Administration for the past 3 years. So
whatever I chose to study I would be starting from the ground up.

Tim