some new email virus?

Subject: some new email virus?
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 01:46:20 AKST

I have getting, mixed in with the usual spam, some mail that appears
like a bunch of people have an email virus that uses the outlook address
book or similar. I had been getting a couple here and there for a couple
of days then today at least a dozen.

Most of then refer Avril Lavigne (a pop star?) or a MS IIS security
patch and always with a '.exe' attachment.

Some of these are coming from '@admin.state.ak.us', '@WellsFargo.com',
and '@jcpenney.com' in case anyone administering these domains is
listening.

Examples of the exe files are 'Complicated.exe' and 'IAmWithYou.exe'

I'm not particularly worried by these, just curious if anyone knows what
accomplishments are being attempted here.

Jim Gribbin