webserver behind firewall

Subject: webserver behind firewall
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 15:58:55 AKST

I would like to test a new webserver that will be behind a firewall. I
think I would be using iptables and DNAT but don't want to use the default
ports. What kind of things will I need to do on my firewall to get it
working? Here is what I think I need to do:

Any packets coming to MYIP:8080 get DNAT'd to INTERNALIP:80 (what does this
command look like?)
Any packets returning from the webserver then get sent back to the outside
user (what does this look like?)

Are there any routing issues?

I have tried a few times, but I just can't get it right.

Mike