Mac Attack

Subject: Mac Attack
From: Peter Q. Olsson (olsson@koyukuk.at.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 15:09:29 AKST

All-
I am having a Mac attack, and I don't mean fallen golden arches...

A (trusted) colleague sent me an attachment from a macintosh. this, (apparently
text) file starts with the line:

(This file must be converted with BinHex 4.0)

and the rest is a jumble of text characters. my RH 7.0 box has a binhex
executable, but the accompanying man page suggests I should be starting with a
MacBinary, and I end up with ??? something in hex? Doesn't seem like this
utility is useful...

I have run into this problem frequently with Mac users in what are supposed to
be simple text attachments.

Any way, any ideas on how to crack this nut, or even what this file in question
is exactly?

Fiends don't let fiends drive Macs....

PQO

   | |
   | Dr. Peter Q. Olsson, |
   | Chief Scientist, Alaska Experimental Forecast Facility |
   | University of Alaska Anchorage |
   | 2811 Merrill Field Drive |
   | Anchorage, AK 99501 |
   | voice: (907) 264-7449 |