RedHat 8.0

Subject: RedHat 8.0
From: Wesley Brown (webtacsat@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 00:12:26 AKST

I am trying to get my Orinoco gold card to work with my redhat 8.0 and I was doing pretty good, following the instructions that came on the CD with my card. However, I came to a point where it asked me for my Linux source directory, the default is /usr/src/linux... well, that didn't work it said something about the tree being incomplete or missing. I also read that in RedHat 7.1 it is /usr/src/linux-2.4... well, that didn't work either. Is it something I need to install. I have all five installation disks and I only used the first two to install it. The third says it is an installation disk and the other two are source code cds. What am I looking for? I have no idea. Please help. I am very new to all of this.