NFS default block size

Subject: NFS default block size
From: Paul Carr (paulcarr@barrow.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 08:45:22 AKST

I am tring to optimize my NFS setup. According to the doc's, in modern
kernels (such as 2.4) the default block size for an NFS is set by the
server at 4096. Trying to make an adjustment on the client side at
mount does not seem to work for me. (could be a syntax issue) Any ideas
on how to do it or where on the server side of the setup to adjust the
block size?

The doc's also indicate that this is probably the single most important
optimization issue. Anybody actually seen better performance with a
block size other the the default?

Thanks.