ifconfig....file not found

Subject: ifconfig....file not found
From: Rick Ryan (Rick@rrtk.com)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 19:43:19 AKST

I just recently installed (again) redhat 7.3 on my Dell inspiron 8100.
Everything seems to be working fine with one minor hitch. None of my
net-tools package seems to work. Ifconfig, ifup ifdown, all report as
bad file name. The Net-Tools package is installed, and when I install
Redhat, I told it to install EVERYTHING. Internet is working fine. I
have also installed the drivers for a Cisco 350 client adapter. Not sure
where to go from here. Have done some searches for this issue, found
LOTS of articles on how to use IFCONFIG (assumes that it is installed
and working) to trouble shoot. Even how to install the package ( which I
have already done with an rpm -ivh -force). Nothing seems to cover what
is happening to me though.

I would suspect that there is another command that may do the same
thing, but still being a rookie, do not know it. I am thinking that
maybe there is a possible conflict between packages, but this is an
uneducated guess.

Any help would be appreciated, and while I sure the solution is a one
line response, please make it at least two lines. I do have my pride ya
know!!!

Thanks in advance,

Rick