NAT Broken (?)

Subject: NAT Broken (?)
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 13:43:49 AKST

Greetings all and happy new year.

I got back last night from a lovely trip outside. I have current
pictures of my grandchildren, so just ask.

My workstation has been set up to nat for my lan. It suddenly
stopped working right in the middle of updating the burner box. Very
strange. I can ping both ways from the burner box to my workstation,
and I can ping sites out in cyber space from the workstation. I now
cannot get from either the burner box (Debian) or my last W98 box to
the Internet through the workstation. I did change a few things in
my local domain name (not the hard wired IP addresses), but I don't
think that should have had any effect on the nat feature.

Well, I have a nice little puzzle to end the year.

Cheerio!

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska