GRUB problem. Newbie Alert

Subject: GRUB problem. Newbie Alert
From: James Raynor (bamf75@gci.net)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 10:43:50 AKST

I had a little Linux test lab going with 1 server and 3 client
machines. Now I need to put Winblowz back on 3 of the machines to
prepare them for a donation to a local charity. My plan was to blow
away the partitions with dos fdisk and then create a FAT32 partition.
I have a image of win2k created by Norton Ghost that I typically
install from the network using a ghost network boot disk. I can do all
of this without a problem, my problem arises when I try to boot the PC
after the image install. I get through POST fine but then I get a
quick, less then 3 seconds, flash of the words "GRUB Loading Stage 2"
and then back to POST like I rebooted, over and over and over again.
Do I need a low level format utility? I have no idea what is going
on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, jim