Amanda and recovering files

Subject: Amanda and recovering files
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 12:32:59 AKST

Recovering files seems to be pretty straight forward. As root start the
amrecover program:

amrecover DailySet1

this brings you to an am recover prompt. Type 'help' to get a list of
files. You must use the setdisk command to point amrecover at what you are
wanting to recover. If you are using the setup described in my previous
mail you would type:

setdisk /etc

at this point you can see what is supposed to be on the tape with the ls
command:

ls

if you want to traverse down a directory you would use the cd command:

cd ssh
ls

As far as I can tell there are not any ways to recursively down the backup
tree. However, this is very convenient for individual files.

You use add to add the file to the extraction list:

add modules.conf

After you finish building your extraction list you issue the extract
command:

extract

The program will ask if you really want to do this...etc...

Works well.

Mike