Samba

Subject: Samba
From: James Raynor (bamf75@gci.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 10:03:25 AKST

With our CD tower on its way out because of outdated firmware I wanted
to take a shot at using Linux and Samba as a low if any cost approach
to emulating one. I found some instructions on the net but have run
into a little snag. We are running a Novell 4.11 network with Win2k
workstations. I choose RH 7.3 because I have it already and it is easy
to install. I have gotten it on the network, it's name is 'Linux', I
have also placed an image of the CD on the machine and created a share
in the smb.conf file. I can see the share by browsing 'Entire
Network'. When I try to browse the shared directory I am getting the
error '\\Linux\wpc20309 is not accessible, the network name cannot be
found'. I am guessing this is not a 'rights' issue, but some type of
network protocol or naming issue. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated. Thank jim