user 'amanda' can't get mail

Subject: user 'amanda' can't get mail
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 21:51:46 AKST

Hey all. I am having trouble with e-mail for user 'amanda'. I suspect
that this is because 'amanda' is usually a default user for some sort of
backup utility. I do not have amanda installed on my server.

When I try to send mail to amanda@enderak.com, sendmail automatically
redirects it to my root account. Sending mail to any other account I
have created works fine. I've tried deleting and adding the 'amanda'
user, and I've checked all the permissions, and they all look good.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Is there a way to
'unreserve' the amanda username? I can't find anything in the sendmail
config files that tells sendmail to direct mail to 'amanda' or any other
standard users to root.

Thanks,
Justin