Unable to mount root fs...

Subject: Unable to mount root fs...
From: Tyshall ? (z_i_m@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 10:06:27 AKST

 The other day my laptop's battery went dead while I was listining to music
with XMMS and running several other apps. Since that time I have been
unableto get the laptop to start. Every time I select my kernel from the
LILO boot loader the kernel begins to boot and then I am confronted with the
following messages: read_super_block: can't find a reiserfs filesystem on
(dev 03:01, block 64, size 1024) read_super_block: can't find a reiserfs
filesystem on (dev 03:01, block 8, size 1024) Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to
mount root fs on 03:01 Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I
have alot of valuable information on that laptop that I am loath to lose.