php help

Subject: php help
From: Chris Hamilton (chris@digitalalaska.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 19:36:55 AKST

Hi all, I've got a line of php I was hoping someone could help me decipher.
I'm trying to get the smbclient running on a squirrelmail setup. I'm still
getting errors that point to a particular line of code...

$exe="$smb_client \"\\\\\\\\$smb_server\\$smb_share\" $password -U
$username -D $smb_dir -c 'dir $smb_file ;'";

Does this line actually create a command that looks like...

smbclient //servername/sharename password -U chris ...

I'm certainly no expert but it looks like it would create a command that
looks like

smbclient \\servername\sharename password -U chris...

The second command won't work, so my question is can I simply replace the
slashes?

Thanks.

Chris.